Tuesday 23 July 2013

Number Two.

We have now finished the recording of our second album.
Still got one or two boring things and minor tweaks to add to it, but that is it pretty much complete. Eleven songs, just under forty minutes in length.

Now comes the hard part of figuring out what the hell to do with it.

As far as I remember we finished our first album on a Tuesday evening and it was up online and available to buy on the evening of the following day. This is probably one of the many reasons why it was only really ever heard by about fourteen people.
This time we want to do it properly, with an action plan in place, and get it out and into the ears of as many people as possible. I think its a pretty ace album, though I suppose I am biased.
After a few years of making stuff up as we go along we may now finally have some proper management in place, which will be a massive help. Nothing is 100% confirmed yet, but fingers crossed things will be sorted soon, then complete and unquestionable world domination becomes the primary goal.

For the moment we just want to play as many gigs as possible to get our match fitness up after a few months hidden in a dark studio. This is proving to be quite a difficult task, no one seems to want to book us, in my head we are some sort of cool mavericks like The Sex Pistols or The Jesus and Mary Chain, but in reality we are just not as sought after as we were at this time last year. We got a few nuggets of good press at the start of 2012, and then got picked for the T Break stage at T in The Park, so we were getting emails from all corners offering us lovely gigs a-plenty. But alas these days the same people that booked us last year don't even return my emails. I have made my peace with this fact though, and can sit somewhat contently on a bloody good album and a few other dirty little secrets, in the knowledge that the tide shall change back. Or at least it better, or I may cry.

Over the last few days I have started reading Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse, it is bloody wonderful. I have no idea how I have taken so long to read this book. I've done a lot of the great outsider novels, from the likes of Hamsun, Orwell and Dostoyevsky but seem to have ignored one of the masterpieces. I'm looking forward to getting proper deep into it. Then probably stealing some of the ideas in it for songs, ha ha.


We will hopefully have some clarity on what the future holds over the coming months or two, so keep an ear aimed our way.

Much love,
TMT  x

No comments:

Post a Comment